Connie Williamson Realtor® BLOG
HOME STAGING IS KEY TO CAPTURE BUYER ATTENTION
Home Sellers, staging your home before it goes on the market is key to your success
Central Alberta has seen a shift from a once red hot sellers' market to a buyers' market. Inventory is up and prices are down!
What does all this mean for home sellers?
Buyers are taking their time, viewing a number of different properties, hoping to find the one that stands out in the crowd. Make that 'one stand out' be your home. Get the edge over the competition, with our complimentary home staging services, to ensure your home has the "WOW" factor buyers are seeking.
Not sure where to get started with the staging process?
- Pricing your home competitively, and preparing your home to showcase to the right target, buying audience, is key to a quick and successful sale.
- Create good curb appeal. A first impression is everything. The moment home buyers pull up to the curb, they'll make an instant judgment. You want to be sure it's a positive one.
- Focus on the walls. If your walls are dirty, it is an automatic turnoff for potential buyers. Touch - up or repaint the walls, keeping the colors light and neutral, before you put your home on the market.
- Make sure your home shows well. Get rid of all the clutter. Keep the house clean and simple. Set out fresh flowers. Turn on soft music.
- Make sure there are no lingering pet or smoke odors. Open the windows for awhile before showing. For a quick burst of aroma - use lightly scented vanilla candles in the bathroom.
- Let the light in. Open blinds and curtains so there is plenty of light to illuminate the home's interior.